The Webster University School of Communications Center for Portfolio Development & Internships helps prepare students to successfully launch careers in their chosen fields of study by providing assistance with developing portfolios and securing internships.
Sverdrup West Wing Remodeling
The west wing of Sverdrup will be rebuilt as a state-of-the-art media production and communication education facility, providing our students the most up-to-date and unique technology in the entire region.
Learn more about the Sverdrup renovations including plans, progress updates, room relocations, and more.
The Center at a Glance
Through professional, one-on-one attention and coaching, the Center for Portfolio Development & Internships promotes comprehensive, experiential learning and works to develop and build supportive, hands-on intern relationships.
Students from all 16 School of Communications majors and our host organizations (which span not only the St. Louis metropolitan area, but nationally and globally as well) forge long-lasting, far-reaching connections. These connections mutually benefit our students, host organizations, and alumni.
What We Do — In a Flash
- Meet with students to discuss career options.
- Provide advice, tips, and suggestions to students regarding application materials.
- Assist in the development of online portfolios.
- Engage with students during seminars, classes, and workshops.
- Welcome and foster new intern partnerships.
- Build, grow, and maintain a comprehensive database of internship partner organizations.
- Match students with organizations seeking interns.
- Conduct site visits with partnering organizations.
- Host two annual networking events: Internship Expo and OPPORTUNITIES.
Students need and want internships; organizations need and want interns. That's where we come in.
Public Relations Students Work to Help At Risk Students Start Careers
May 18, 2022
In the News: Commencement, Woolf, Hall, Ellison, Belo, Steenz and Meadows
May 18, 2022
A round up of significant mentions of Webster University or quotes from faculty and staff in news stories.
School of Communications Spearheads Paid Student Internships
May 5, 2022