The University Center offers several spaces for meetings and events. Please determine which space is best for your organization and make a reservation.
The University Center offers memberships for use of the Swimming Pool, Fitness Center, and Gym. Visit the membership page for updates.
COVID-19 SAFETY UPDATE
Starting May 10, 2021, community/affiliate members and current faculty, staff, and students will be able to enter the University Center and use the fitness center and pool, following safety protocols and operating hours listed below.
Social, Educational, Recreational
We welcome you to the University Center. Known as the "living room of the University," this is your place to meet with friends, eat, attend events, watch the Gorloks in action, study and hang out. The UC is home to many departments. Whatever your interests, you'll find resources and information to support your experience at Webster.
The Fitness Center is now open to students, faculty, staff, and community members. See hours of operation below.
A Fitness Center Attendant is available during open hours to assist with check-in, equipment, and other needs.
Fitness Center phone number: 314-246-7727
Fitness Center email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer 2021 schedule starting May 10th:
- Monday through Friday: 6:30 a.m.-9:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
- Visit the Fitness Center page to reserve a time slot in advance.
- Visitors will be asked to show their University ID card upon entering the Fitness Center.
- Everyone must wash or sanitize hands before entering the Fitness Center.
- Users who are not vaccinated must wear a mask or face covering at all times and remain socially distant (6ft.).
- Locker rooms and showers are now available to our patrons.
- No guests are allowed.
- During high volume times, individuals will be limited to a 45-minute time limit.
- Users are required to disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Users may bring their own personal accessories, but may not share them.
- Users must keep belongings with them at all times.
- Cubbies, lockers, and storage spaces are not available.
- No spotting allowed. Users should work out within their personal physical limits.
- Workouts are strictly prohibited in the Athletics lobby.
- Equipment may not be removed from the Fitness Center.
Grant Gym Individual Workout Stations
Grant Gym is available to all current Webster students, faculty, and staff. Please review the schedule and policies below:
- All users should wash or sanitize hands before entering the gym.
- Users who are not vaccintaed must wear a face mask or face covering at all times and reamin socially distant (6ft.).
- No equipment is available. Users must bring their own equipment.
- Individuals may not share equipment.
- Locker rooms are now available.
- Only water bottles are allowed. Food is not allowed.
- During high volume times, individuals will be limited to a one hour time limit in their space.
Summer 2021 Schedule:
- Monday through Friday: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
Email email@example.com with questions about individual workout spaces.
The University Center offers memberships for use of the swimming pool and fitness center. If you would like assistance completing the online form for memberships, please see the staff at the information center. Find more membership information.
Guests are not allowed at this time. Regular pool policy allows students, faculty, staff and members to bring one guest per visit for a $5 per day fee. The host must remain with the guest at all times and is responsible for them during their visit.
Access the Grant Gymnasium schedule online through our Virtual EMS calendar. Select "Browse for Availability - By Date." This calendar shows all meeting rooms in the University Center in addition to the gym.
The pool is open to current Webster Universisty students, faculty, staff, and members. See Hours of Operation below.
Follow these safety protocols when you come swim to help us maintain a safe environment for everyone:
- Reserve your time slot in advance by clicking here.
- Locker rooms and full showers are now available. An on-deck shower head is also available for rinsing before entering the water.
- Those who are not vaccinated must wear a mask or face covering at all times unless actively swimming in the water.
- Those who are not vaccinated must also remain socially distant (6ft.) while in the pool area.
- All users must wash or sanitize hands before entering the pool area.
- During high volume times, individuals will be limited to a one-hour time limit.
- The sauna is now open for use.
- Patrons may bring their own equipment, but may not share equipment.
- Patrons may place their belongings in designated bench areas around the pool deck. Swimmers are required to disinfect their bench area before and after they occupy the space.
- All regular policies remain in effect. Review the Webster University Swimming Pool Policies and Regulations.
WATER EXERCISE (AQUA AEROBICS)
FALL SESSION DATES:
Group lessons are $75/session.
(University-affiliated discounts are $10/session. Please call the lifeguard at 314-246-7755 for the discount code.)
Swimmers must be a minimum of age 4 in order to participate in our group swim lesson program.
All registrations are accepted online with a credit card payment.
Summer 2021 Swim Lessons
Session I Dates: Levels 4 & 5
Tuesday and Thursday from June 1 - July 1 starting at 6 p.m.
(TBD) Session II Dates: Levels 1-3
Tuesday's and Thursday's from July 6 - August 5 starting at 6 p.m.
Register here. (Note: this link will not be active until registration opens.)
We require a minimum number of participants for each class to run. Within a few weeks after registration is received, we will review enrollment numbers and confirm your child's time slot and level.
If your desired session is full, complete this form and ask to be added to the wait-list.
COVID POLICIES FOR SWIM LESSONS
- If a child is feeling unwell prior to their lesson, please stay home.
- Parents will not be allowed in the pool area after checking their child in. After each lesson, parents can pick up their children in the athletics hallway.
- There will be a 15 minute period between lessons for disinfection and safe transition of participants.
- All participants must wear a mask when not in the water.
- Participants should put their face mask on their towel at the edge of the pool near
the area they are swimming in.
If there are two persons in a lane, towels and masks can be placed on opposite sides of the lane.
- Taped off sections along the benches are provided for participants to place backpack, sandals, etc.
- It is recommended that all individuals wash/sanitize their hands prior to coming to the pool area.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfectant will be available for use by all individuals.
- Goggles will not be available for participants to borrow.
The University Center offers flexible and convenient spaces for various types of meetings and events. For room types, capacity and reservations, visit our reservation page.
- Fitness Center and Gymnasium
- Athletic Department
- Information Center
- Dean of Student Affairs Office
- Crossroads Dining
- UC Commons (the space with the flags)
- Meeting Rooms (including Sunnen Lounge, Presentation Room, and Conference Room)
- Student Leadership Center (including Campus Activities and Student Government Association)
Ask Us Anything!
The Information Center is located on the upper level of the University Center. It is staffed by Student Building Managers, and these individuals are trained to help the patrons of the University Center with anything and everything.
Room Set-Ups and AV Needs
The Student Building Managers maintain the meeting rooms of the University Center and can assist with room set-ups and AV needs for scheduled events.
Semester Stickers for ID Cards
The Information Desk can verify your status as a current student, faculty, or staff member at Webster University and issue a current semester sticker. This sticker provides access to the Fitness Center, Pool, Gym, and Library on campus. It makes the holder eligible to obtain a "UPass" for the St. Louis Metro Transit system from the Cashier Window in Webster Hall. Students may show a current semester sticker to receive a student discount at participating venues such as movie theaters.
The University Center offers memberships for the use of the Swimming Pool and Fitness Center. If you would like assistance completing the online form for memberships, please see the staff at the Information Center. Find more information about memberships.
Hours of Operation for Summer 2021 (May 10-August 14)
Monday through Friday: 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
Monday through Friday: 6:30 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
Crossroads Dining (featuring Freshens, WOW, and Hissho Sushi)
Monday through Thursday: CLOSED
Saturday and Sunday: CLOSED
Pool - Current Students, Faculty/Staff, and Community Members with an Active Membership
Monday through Friday: 6:30a.m.-9:30 a.m. and 3:30-6 p.m.
Fitness Center - Current Students, Faculty/Staff, and Community Members with an Active
Monday through Friday: 6:30a.m.-9:30 a.m. and 3:30-6 p.m.
Grant Gymnasium - Current Students, Faculty, and Staff
Monday through Friday: 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Additional changes have been made to help keep users safe during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please review this information prior to visiting the University Center.
- ID card point-of-entry swipe is required to access the University Center. (Stop by Public Safety at 572 Garden Ave. if you encounter problems using your card.
- For those who have not been vaccinated, face masks or face coverings are required at all times (unless the individual is working alone in an enclosed area or cannot wear a face mask due to a medical condition).
- Those who have not been vaccinated are required to remain socially distant (6ft.) at all times when in the building.
Rooms and Materials
- Furniture and seating have been rearranged to ensure six feet of space distancing. Furniture should not be moved by building users.
- Meeting rooms will have reduced occupancy and default set-ups.
- Information tables will not be allowed in the University Center Commons.
- Locker room showers and locker areas will remain closed.
- Restrooms will have reduced occupancy.
- The computer stations and microwave on the upper level will be blocked off and unavailable.
- Pre-ordering will be available and strongly encouraged to enable users to pick up food in take-out containers.
- Floor decals will be in place to maintain traffic flow and a 6-foot distance.
- Plexiglas barriers will be in place at service areas.
- Seating will be limited with one person per table and a 6-foot distance between tables.
- Disinfectant cleaners and hand sanitizers will be available throughout the building.
- Users will be asked to disinfect surfaces before and after use.
- There will be frequent disinfection of high-touch surfaces and common areas of the facility.
Director of the University Center
Katie supervises all units within the University Center. These responsibilities include the Information Desk, the Fitness Center, the Pool, and Meeting Room Reservations. She also co-advises the Dining Advisory Board and acts as liaison for all the departments that use and interact with the University Center.
Coordinator of Aquatics and Fitness
Josh oversees the fitness and aquatic center for the University Center. He also manages the swim lesson program and all other aquatic programs.
Coordinator of Athletic Facilities
The person in this position oversees gym scheduling and coordinating the scheduling of athletic team practices and games in addition to non-athletic uses of the gym. In addition, they help to maintain the athletics facilities within the University Center.
Pool Student Supervisor
Fitness Center Student Supervisor
Information Center Student Supervisor
Patron Services Coordinator
The Patron Services Coordinator is responsible for memberships and room reservations. This individual processes all membership forms that are submitted, prepares the membership ID cards and parking permits, and coordinates all communication with members. This individual also assists the Director of the University Center with the management of building reservations and rentals. This includes approving requests, reviewing set-up needs, communicating with patrons and staff, and marketing the availability of rentals.
Swim Lessons Student Supervisor
The Swim Lesson Student Supervisor coordinates the Webster University Center Swim
Lesson program. This includes scheduling and supervising Swim Lesson Instructors,
overseeing lessons, communicating with participants, and managing registration.
Student Building Managers
Student Building Managers operate the Information Desk of the University Center, perform set-ups for meetings, and are responsible for the day-to-day operations of the building.
Wilkinson Fitness Center Staff
Fitness Center employees monitor the usage of the Center and provide general upkeep of the machines. They also monitor the gym and check out gym supplies for recreational use.
The lifeguards' major responsibilities include customer service and daily operations, in addition to the number one priority, patron safety.
The University Center Board (UCB) assists the University Center staff in providing for the services, conveniences and amenities the members of the University family needs on the campus, and in promoting community through informal association outside the classroom. In all its processes, the UCB encourages self-directed activity, giving maximum opportunity for self realization and for growth in individual social competency and group effectiveness. Its goal is the development of persons as well as intellects.
Advisor: Director of University Center: Katie Knetzer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Serve the University Center and the University community through the enactment of UCB policies consistent with the mission of Webster University, the University Center, and the philosophy and purpose expressed in the "Role of the College Union," the official statement of purpose of the Association of College Unions--International, adopted at the general conference of the Association in April, 1956, reaffirmed in 1964, 1986.
- Offer guidance in the organization and administration of facility policies and services in the University Center for the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of the University.
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the Director of the University Center with respect to general University Center services and policies. Decisions of the UCB are subject to the authority of the Dean of Student Affairs and the University Administration.
- Perform special projects and research functions.
The UCB shall consist of a student President in addition to the following members, who will serve as advocates for their respective constituencies:
- Student Government Association
- Residential Housing Association
- Student Building Manager staff
- Fitness Center Attendant
- Pool Staff
- Campus Activities Staff
- Student Athlete Advisory Committee
- Graduate Student
- Commuter Student
- International Student
Faculty and Staff Members
- Director of the University Center and Student Activities
- Director of Athletics
- Coordinator of Athletics
- Webster Staff Alliance Representative
- Student Organization Advisor Faculty
- At-large Faculty Representative
- Alumni/Development Representative
- Dining Services Staff
Voting members shall include the entire UCB membership, excluding the Director of the University Center. The student President will vote only in case of a tied vote. Voting members could relinquish their voting privileges after two unexcused absences per semester.
Officers and Elections
The UCB shall be governed by a student President, elected by the UCB each spring. The President shall conduct all UCB and Executive Committee meetings. The University Center office shall be responsible for maintaining the records of the Board. The nomination and election of the student President shall take place at the beginning of the second to last UCB meeting of the spring semester. The term of office shall be for one calendar year and shall begin on the first day of the summer term. The President shall be a student elected by a majority of votes from the entire membership.
Quorum shall consist of nine voting members, five of whom are students.
The Executive Committee shall consist of the student President, the Director of the University Center, and two at-large members (one student, one faculty/staff) elected by the Board. This committee's function shall be to convene and act on behalf of the UCB in an emergency situation. Ad hoc committees shall be appointed by the student President in the case of special projects or issues needing focused attention.
This document may be amended by a 2/3 vote of voting members present at a regularly scheduled meeting.
Amended Fall 2000
Amended Spring 2002
Amended Spring 2005
Amended Spring 2008