Your Health is Our Priority
At Webster University, the health and safety of our students is a top priority. The information on this page will provide you with useful information on available health services and health insurance requirements for domestic and international students.
Health Services and Health Insurance
Welcome to Student Health Services and Student Health Insurance
Services: Webster University's Student Health Services Department is a nurse-directed clinic staffed by a Registered Nurse. The Registered Nurse provides acute triage for minor illness and injuries, and will assist with physician referral as needed. All services are confidential and treatment is free of charge. An appointment is required to see the nurse. Contact the office receptionist to make an appointment by calling 314-246-4207. The Student Health Services email address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: 540 Garden Ave. St. Louis, MO 63119 USA (west of the parking garage on the Webster University main campus)
Hours: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. Closed on weekends and campus holidays.
Public Safety is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for emergency care. Contact the Webster University Public Safety Office at 314-246-6911.
Transportation for medical treatment outside the Student Health Services Department is not provided by the University.
Student Health Services Electronic Health Records System Information
Health forms, health insurance documents and vaccination information are completed and submitted to the Student Health Services Department through the electronic patient portal.
- Students access the electronic site through the address medicatconnect.com.
- Students log-in to the Patient Portal using their Connections ID and Password.
- Follow the directions on the portal to complete the requirements.
Health documents must be electronically submitted through the patient portal for review and approval by the Registered Nurse before a new residential student will be allowed to move into University assigned housing. The Registered Nurse will notify the student by email if documents are complete or further information is required.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT THE HEALTH FORMS AND INSURANCE DOCUMENTS PRIOR TO MOVING INTO HOUSING WILL JEOPARDIZE YOUR HOUSING PLACEMENT AND AN ADMINISTRATIVE "HOLD" WILL BE PLACED ON THE STUDENT'S ACCOUNT. AN ADMINISTRATIVE HOLD WILL RESTRICT THE STUDENT FROM MAKING ANY CHANGES TO THE CURRENT AND FUTURE COURSE SCHEDULES.
International students attending the University with a F-1 or J-1 visa are required to enroll in the Webster University Student Health Insurance Plan (see below).
Webster University Student Health Insurance Plan Details
- All international students on F-1 or J-1 visa attending Webster University in the United States are required to be enrolled in the Webster University Student Health Insurance plan.
- Student Health Insurance Plan is through United Health Care Student Resources (UHCSR) Contact the Student Health Insurance Coordinator for plan details and benefits through email@example.com or by phone 314-246-7634.
- Upon registration for classes international students on F-1 and J-1 visas are enrolled in the Student Health Insurance plan with health insurance coverage dates that coincides with the dates of the academic term in which they are enrolled in classes. The charge for the insurance is applied to the student account.
- All international student on F-1 and J-1 visas must be enrolled in the Student Health Insurance Program while in the United States. This includes "break" periods.
- The Student Health Insurance Coordinator will email confirmation of enrollment in the Student Health Insurance Plan.
- International students sponsored by their government may be exempt from enrollment in the student health insurance plan. Exemption is determined by the International Services Director at Webster University. Contact the International Services department to obtain a waiver.
- Students that are exempt from enrollment in the student health insurance plan must submit electronically a copy of their current health insurance card through medicatconnect.com. Follow the directions on the site.
- Residential domestic students living on the Webster University main campus in St. Louis, Missouri are required to submit proof of current health insurance electronically through medicatconnect.com. Follow the directions on this site to submit the information. *THIS IS AN ANNUAL REQUEST*
- Residential domestic students are responsible to maintain a health insurance plan that is accepted by medical providers within the St. Louis area.
- All residential students should check with their current health care provider to verify health insurance coverage and benefits through their health insurance company while attending Webster University in St. Louis, Missouri.
Eligibility criteria for enrollment in the Webster University Student Health Insurance Plan
Enrollment in the Student Health Insurance plan is based on review of current academic enrollment by the Student Health Services Department.
- Health insurance term coverage dates must coincide with the dates of the academic term in which the student is currently enrolled.
- Students must be actively enrolled in Webster University academic courses in order to participate in the Student Health Insurance plan.
- Undergraduate domestic students are required to maintain an academic enrollment of 9 credit hours per term to qualify for enrollment in the student health insurance plan.
To access your insurance information:
- Click on "Create Account" or if you have already created the account, log into the site.
- On the site there are tabs for your Insurance ID Card that you may click on and download.
- You may also check the overview of your insurance benefits.
- You may locate a medical provider.
*Dental and Eye exams are not covered under this insurance.
Counseling and Life Development
If you have any personal issues interfering with your success, please know that we are here to help.
Friendships and Community
Whether it's a roommate, a teammate or a fellow Webster student, develop life-long friendships through community engagement.
Webster University is committed to helping our students through unexpected financial hardships. Emergency aid, including loans, grants, tuition adjustments/waivers, food assistance, and funds for textbooks and technology, is available to students enrolled at campuses in the St. Louis metropolitan area.