Help Power Bold Action, Thought, and Global Leadership
Join us in supporting our next generation of leaders, trailblazers, policy-changers, and innovators.
“I came here knowing no one. I know what it means to be financially stranded and that is why I am very thankful for this scholarship; it is a lifesaver, as it will help me focus on school work and worry less about finances.”
Elizabeth J. Stroble Global Endowed Scholarship recipient
Join the Webster Society
The Webster Society recognizes those donors that provide annual support of $1,500 or more. These generous donors make an immediate impact on our global community and set the pace for meeting the needs of our students and strengthening our programs. Contact Macy Russell, Manager of Donor Relations & Engagement, at 314-246-7457 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Gorlok Gardens: The Webster's campus beautification plan
Planting for the Future, is a unique way for you to ensure a vibrant, welcoming, and sustainable setting for students. This is your opportunity to sponsor and name a garden on the main campus, in Webster Groves. For information about the garden opportunities please contact Mike Ryan at email@example.com or 314-246-7452.
Creating an Impact in Students' Lives
Our donors are shaping tomorrow's health care professionals, public servants, entrepreneurs, scientists, artists and so much more. By supporting our students through scholarships, program support, and enhanced facilities and technology Webster graduates are prepared to take on meaningful careers.
Creating a Lasting Impact through Giving and Volunteering
Matt West Expands His World View
Micah Barnes: Learning to Lead
Your gift(s) provide high-quality learning experiences that transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence. Below are a few of the funds and scholarships that support institutional priorities identified by Chancellor Elizabeth (Beth) J. Stroble.
Chancellor's Vision Fund — Donate Now
Provides support to strategic initiatives including scholarships, programs, research, and technology.
Give to Gorloks Now!
This emergency fund provides immediate support for our students who experience challenging financial need.
The Gift of Education
Webster University offers scholarships for countless purposes, funded and awarded at multiple thresholds. The generosity of annual and endowed scholarship donors allows us to offer new opportunities, both in the number of scholarships available to students and the variety of scholarship opportunities.
Your Generosity is Transformative at Webster
Transforming and Expanding Student Services
The Reeg Academic Resource Center hosts about 11,000 interactions with students annually, both locally in St. Louis and through virtual interactions throughout the Webster worldwide network. Among the services offered by the center annually are:
- Hosting about 3,000 academic counseling sessions.
- Providing accommodations to about 150 students with disabilities and other needs for academic support.
- Helping students with about 600 requests for accessing technology and virtual resources.
- Proctoring exams for more than 2,000 students and community members.
- Hosting the Transitions and Academic Prep (TAP) program for about 30 students to help them move from high school or community college to Webster University.
- Hosting about 1,000 tutoring sessions.
- Providing more than 1,500 writing sessions to assist with essays and other written assignments.
- Hosting training and workshops for about 2,200 students and 650 faculty members.
“We appreciate the Reegs’ support of the Academic Resource Center and Webster’s students,” said Erica Ellard, director of the Reeg Academic Resource Center. “Their generous gift has allowed us to prioritize and expand our Testing Center to best provide for students’ testing needs – and to add the possibility for expansion of testing services and the potential for greater testing revenue. It has also brought all of our full-time team members into a shared space to better coordinate and collaborate to support students’ individual needs while giving students access to more computers and workspace to meet their educational and career goals.”
“This transformational gift ... provides needed academic support and resources that help assure Webster students' success.”
Chancellor, Webster UniversityReeg Donation Enhances Webster University’s Academic Resource Center
Transforming Educational Opportunities
Marianne Gleich, an alumna with a degree in French, has been a donor for four decades. She and her husband, Peter, have also established Webster scholarships for French, international business, and study abroad programs. In 2019, the Gleichs were recipients of Webster University’s Visionary Award for their long-standing, visionary dedication to Webster and its students and commitment to scholarships and study abroad opportunities. In 2021, the Gleich Honor College was created as an expansion of the previous Impact Scholar Program thanks to the Gleichs' generous donation.
“It is exciting to know that this new college will help Webster University students attain their educational goals at an exceptional level.”
Longtime supporters of Webster UniversityWebster University to Launch Honors College with $1 Million Gleich Donation
Transforming from Students to Active Alumni and Donors
Loren and Wakeel Rahman met as students at Webster University and married after undergraduate graduation in 2013. Since then, the Rahmans have taken their love of Webster University to new levels by starting the Young Alumni Association. Having experienced the positive impact of scholarship programs at Webster first-hand, the Rahmans established the Rahman Family Endowed Scholarship to give back to their Webster community.
Ways to Give
In addition to giving online, Webster accepts your gifts in many ways.
- Send by mail: Complete and mail our Gift/Pledge Form.
- Electronic funds wire transfer: Send your gift directly from your account with an electronic funds transfer (EFT). Call 314-968-7148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
- Non-cash items: Non-monetary gifts of real estate, artwork, instructional equipment, library materials, or other tangible or intellectual property may be accepted.
- Matching gifts: Many companies will match their current and retired employees’ contributions to nonprofit organizations. Additionally, this benefit may also be extended to spouses of employees. To increase the impact of your donation, contact your company’s matching gift program administrator.
- Donate stock/securities: You may be able to increase your gift and your tax deduction when you make a gift of stock, mutual funds, or other securities. Electronic Stock Transfer Information
- Donate stock/securities: You may be able to increase your gift and your tax deduction when you make a gift of stock, mutual funds, or other securities. Electronic Stock Transfer Information To ensure that Webster is properly notified of the gifted securities, please contact us via email (email@example.com) or at 314-968-7148. Please provide your name as the donor, the purpose of the gift, the type of stock, the number of shares and when the transfer is made. in case the transferring firm cannot include both the Credit Account # and full FCC Account # as part of transfer instructions, we would advise that they include full FCC Account # in the Memo of the transfer instead.
- Donate from Donor Advised/Directed Fund, Private/Family Foundation or Trust: Assets you have set aside for charitable purposes allow you to recommend grants over a period of time. Contact your account administrator for full details.
- Qualified Charitable Distributions from Your IRA: You must be 70-1/2 years or older to be eligible to make a QCD and the maximum annual amount that can qualify for a QCD is $100,000. Funds distributed directly to you, the IRA owner, and which you then give to charity do not qualify as a QCD. Webster University is a 501(c)(3) organization, eligible to receive tax-deductible contributions. Contact your IRA custodian for full details.
Account Name: Webster University - CHAR DONATIONS
DTC Participant#: 902
Credit Account#: P72500
FFC Account#: B02254005
Tax ID# 43-0662529
Broker Contact: Rebecca Gray, Client Service Broker
J.P. Morgan Private Bank
10 South Dearborn, Floor 11
Chicago, IL 60603
- Gifts in memorial/tribute: Honor a mentor, colleague, or loved one by making a gift in tribute or memory of them by filling our Memorial/Tribute Gift Form.
- Name Webster as a beneficiary (will, retirement, investment): Gifts through your will or retirement plan allow you to maintain your assets during
your lifetime, and potentially reduce taxes on your estate, while ensuring your legacy
and Webster’s long-term future. You may indicate that Webster is to receive the entire
amount, specific property, a specific amount, a percentage, or a portion of the balance
remaining (residue). You can direct your gift to a particular purpose.
If you have a bank or investment account to give directly to Webster University, ask your bank manager or officer of your financial advisor for the appropriate form. Usually, a "pay on death” (P.O.D.) provision for a bank account or a CD or a “transfer on death” (T.O.D.) provision for certain other investment accounts is all that is needed. Notify Webster of your intentions using the Bequest Intention Form or by contacting the Office of Advancement. Webster University (ID 43-0662529) is located at 470 E Lockwood Ave, St. Louis, MO 63119.
Have questions, or want to discuss further? We want to help. Contact the Advancement team by phone or email to discuss your intentions.
Founded in 1915, Webster University is committed to ensuring high-quality learning experiences that transform students for global citizenship and individual excellence. Learn more about our donors and their steadfast support of our worldwide community. Connect with fellow alumni and access services, programs and discounts just for you. Support just-in-time initiatives and current campaigns, like the Jackson & Thomas Society for diversity, equity and inclusion programs. Connect with our Office of Advancement to learn more about supporting our global community.
Explore and Connect
Hulsizer Named Dean of College of Science and Health
May 12, 2022
Remembering Sister Gabriel Mary Hoare
May 2, 2022
Sister Gabriel Mary Hoare, a beloved member of the Sisters of Loretto and a past member of Webster University’s faculty,...
Webster Graduate and Master Distiller Sponsors The Kentucky Derby
April 22, 2022