Moving Dates & Details
Move-In dates will be scheduled by floor and building that students are moving into. Please see below for the move-in schedule, students will also schedule a time for their move-in utilizing the sign-up link provided in their housing assignment email (to be received mid - late June).
Tuesday, August 16: Move-In will occur between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., by appointment only, for residents of the 4th and 3rd floors of East, West, and Maria Halls.
Suggested arrival times
- 4th Floor Residents: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- 3rd Floor Residents: 1 - 5 p.m.
Wednesday, August 17: Move-In will occur between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., by appointment only, for residents of the 2nd and 1st floors East, West, and Maria Halls, as well as Glen Park Apartments.
Suggested arrival times
- 2nd Floor Residents: 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- 1st Floor Residents: 1 - 5 p.m.
- Glen Park: Residents in this area may schedule for any available spot between 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. We recommend coordinating arrival times with any apartment mates to prevent congestion in the apartment during the move-in process.
Thursday, August 18: Move-In will occur between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., by appointment only, for residents of Webster Village Apartments buildings 1, 3, and 5, as well as Big Bend Apartments.
- Residents in these areas may schedule for any available spot between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.. We recommend coordinating arrival times with any apartment mates to prevent congestion in the apartment during the move-in process.
Friday, August 19: Move-In will occur between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., by appointment only, for residents of Webster Village Apartments buildings 2, 4, and 6.
- Residents in these areas may schedule for any available spot between 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. We recommend coordinating arrival times with any apartment mates to prevent congestion in the apartment during the move-in process.
We'll send out more infromation related to move-in with your housing assignment in the summer months. Questions? Contact email@example.com or 314-246-4663 - we cannot wait to welcome you to campus!
Please note that all housing areas remain open during these break periods. Students should not anticipate needing to move-out during these times.
Dining Services will also operate on a limited basis for meal plan holders.
|Students||Date & Time|
|West, East and Maria Hall Residents||5 p.m. - Friday, December 16, 2022|
|Non-Graduating Webster Village, Big Bend, Glen Park Apartment Residents||Open for Winter Break|
|Webster Village, Big Bend, Glen Park Apartment Residents (Graduating or Departing)||5 p.m. - Friday, December 16, 2022|
|Webster Village, Big Bend, Glen Park Apartment Graduate Residents (Graduating or Departing)||5 p.m. - Friday, December 16, 2022|
If you are a resident in the residence halls and need housing during winter break, please contact Rachael Amick, Director of Housing & Residential Life.
Housing Assignments for Spring 2023 will be sent out in late November/early December 2022. They will be sent to your Webster and application email addresses. If you have not received your housing assignment, or if you have questions related to housing, please contact the Residential Life Office at 314-246-4663 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
All New Residents assigned: Saturday, January 14, 2023 - starting at 10 a.m. Move-in for new residents will occur from 10:00am - 2:00pm via the Housing Office in West Hall (240 Edgar Road, St. Louis, MO 63119). After this period, there will be instructions posted on the Housing Office door for newly arriving students to receive assistance with check-in.
All Returning Residents from Fall 2022: Saturday, January 14, 2023 - starting at 9 a.m. You do not need to check-in with staff. Welcome Back!
In extenuating circumstances, a student can request an early move-in by submitting an Early Move In Request Form (available November 2022). Requests will be evaluated, and if approved, notification about the early arrival policy will be sent to the student by December 16, 2022. There is an early arrival fee of $25 a day unless waived by Webster University. Please submit your request by December 13, 2022. Requests received after this date will be subject to a late request fee, and may not be evaluated due to the University holiday closure.
|Students||Date & Time|
|Non-Graduating Undergraduate Residents (Residence Halls & Apartments)||5 p.m. - Friday, May 13, 2022|
|All Graduating Undergraduate Residents*||12 p.m. - Saturday, May 14, 2022|
|All Graduate Students*||12 p.m. - Saturday, May 21, 2022|
*All Graduating Undergraduate Residents and All Graduate Students MUST request an
extension. If an extension request is NOT submitted, you must move-out on Friday,
May 13, 2022 at 5:00PM CDT. No exceptions.
Requesting Extensions Past Move-Out Date
If you need an extension past the move-out deadline, go to this form; here you will list the reason an extension is needed and the date upon which you are requesting to move out. This request must be submitted prior to Friday, April 22, 2022 at 12:00pm. Not all requests will be granted. You will receive an email by May 2, 2022, informing you if your extension has been granted. There is a daily fee of $25 for staying past the move-out date. All Undergraduate graduating or Graduate students, you MUST complete this form and will not be subject to extension fees within the approved extension time frames.
Additional Information & Resources
- If you are aware of maintenance issues, turn in a work order for your space as soon as possible. We prefer to receive these work orders before you move out so that maintenance can begin fixing the issues.
- Arrange for transportation/storage of personal items within 24 hours of your last final.
- Express Check-Out: To do this option, you will complete an Express Check-Out Packet. You should be completely moved out of your space and ready to turn in your keys when you go to complete the Express Check-Out Packet. These packets will be available in the West Hall Main Housing Office. By selecting this option, you forfeit your right to appeal any damage charges issued by a professional staff member.
- RA Check-Out: To do this option, you will sign up for a check-out time with your RA. When your check-out time arrives, your RA will assess your space on the unit condition report, have you complete some paperwork, and accept the keys to your room. Please note that all final damage assessments will be done by a professional staff member.
- WVA Residents: If you have rented a cable box, turn it into the Office of Housing and Residential Life. This should include Cable Box, Remote, Power Brick and Cord, S Video Cable and 2 connectors 1 small and 1 large.
- If you rented a LOFT KIT, make sure all pieces are in your room at move out. This includes 2 End pieces, 1 connector bar, 2 C-Brackets and 4 Pegs. Bags for hardware are available in the Office of Housing and Residential Life.
- After removing your personal items, you are responsible for cleaning bathrooms, bedroom, furniture, and blinds, in addition to removing all trash to the dumpsters located in the parking lot. The last one leaving the room should close windows and blinds, turn off the lights, and close and lock door.
- HAVE A SAFE AND FUN SUMMER!!!
To appeal any damage charges, you need to provide a written statement describing why you should not be responsible for the damages. All appeals must be done in writing to your Community Director - this individual is the only person who can make decisions related to damage appeals.
All appeals must be received no later than one month (30 days) following notice being provided of the damage charges. For spring 2022 check-outs, this date is June 24th, 2022. You should receive a decision on your appeal within 20 days. For check-outs at the end of the spring semester, you will receive a decision by July 14th, 2022.
The main housing option for the summer is the Webster Village Apartments. If you would like to live on campus in the summer, please fill out the Summer Housing Application (available after spring break in March) through the Housing Portal. You can find Summer housing rates and additional information in the Housing Options section.
If you are not a student and interested in summer housing at Webster University, please contact the Housing office at 314-246-4663 or email@example.com.
It's important to talk to your roommate/suitemates before you move in to discuss what each of you will be bringing. There's a limited amount of space in your room, and you don't want to fill it with two of everything!
Review the following "What to Bring" lists to help you while you pack: