CMS Covid-19 Policy
The Community Music School (CMS) will maintain the same COVID protocols for the coming year as we implemented last year.
- All students (over age 2), faculty and staff are required to wear a mask while in CMS buildings (CMS Center, Old Orchard, Leon Strauss Center in Faust Park).
- We will continue to maintain social distancing recommendations.
- We ask that parents drop off students rather than wait in building lobbies at the CMS Center, Old Orchard Center and Strauss Center in Faust Park.
- All CMS faculty and staff are vaccinated per the policy of Webster University.
- At this time, CMS parents and/or students are not required to disclose their vaccination status.
- The Community Music School and Webster University is asking that all vaccination-eligible individuals pursue getting vaccinated as soon as possible to help curb the chances of serious complications from COVID-19.
We encourage all to continue to monitor for any symptoms of COVID-19. If you or your child is sick or have been exposed to someone who is displaying symptoms or has tested positive for COVID-19, do not come to campus.
As a reminder, symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose - not associated with seasonal allergies
- Nausea or vomiting
Look for emergency warning signs for COVID-19. If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately:
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Pale, gray, or blue-colored skin, lips, or nail beds, depending on skin tone
Call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.