Discover, Understand and Analyze Our Complex World
Webster University’s Department of History, Politics, International Relations and Religious Studies prepares our students with the insight, knowledge and perspectives necessary for global citizenship. Bridging the humanities and social sciences, we offer complimentary areas of specialization in the majors of history, political science, international relations and individualized majors in religious studies.
Multiple subjects, interconnected.
Benefit from our interdisciplinary department by engaging with history, political science, international relations, human rights and religious studies faculty. Become fearless and perceptive readers, vivid and effective writers, critically thinking problem solvers and well-informed citizens of the world.
Find resources for success within the Department of History, Politics, International Relations and Religious Studies at Webster University.
Read our department faculty members' biographies, selected publications and contact information.
Explore our degree and certificate offerings
Our programs offer over 20 different undergraduate and graduate majors, minors and certificates that meet your academic and professional goals.
Undergraduate degree offerings include:
- Bachelor of Arts in General Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in History
- Bachelor of Arts in Individualized Major in Religious Studies
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations with An Emphasis in International Economics
- Bachelor of Arts in International Relations with An Emphasis in Migration and Refugee Studies (Available only in Geneva)
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with An Emphasis in Public Law
- Bachelor of Arts in Self-Designed Interdisciplinary Major
Undergraduate minors are also available in each program:
Law schools look for broadly-educated individuals who precisely communicate objectives and motives. Students select courses based on their own interests and abilities to earn an undergraduate degree with a focus on pre-law. Webster's academic advisors help Pre-Law students design a curriculum that reflects the recommendations for pre-legal education developed by the Association of American Law Schools.
The International Relations program offers multiple graduate degree options and specialities, including a combined Bachelor of Arts/Master of Arts:
Certificate options include:
- Undergraduate Certificate in Migration and Refugee Studies (Available only in Geneva)
- Graduate Certificate in International and Regional Security (Available online and at Athens and Geneva)
- Graduate Certificate in International Development (Available only in Geneva)
- Graduate Certificate in International and Nongovernmental Organizations (Available in Leiden and Geneva)
Take Your Education Abroad
With campuses spanning four continents and students from 138 countries, our University’s reach and impact are unparalleled. Whether you’re a four-year undergraduate or balancing a career and master’s degree, study abroad experiences are accessible to all.
Explore Our Premier Programs
Discover more about our relevant and hands-on curriculum across a variety of fields and disciplines.
Connect With Us
Webster Student Interns for Congresswoman Cori Bush, Finds Renewed Passion for Public Service
October 4, 2022
Webster Ghana Hosts Ambassador of the Delegation of the European Union
September 16, 2022
Webster to Host the Forum “Abortion in America: Past, Present and Future”
August 18, 2022
The in-depth discussion “Abortion in America: Past, Present and Future” will be held on Webster University’s Webster...