Starting Aug. 1, and aligned with the Centers for Disease Control’s latest guidelines, COVID-19 vaccines are no longer mandatory but are strongly recommended for all students, faculty and staff. There is one exception: students in University managed housing, such as residential halls or University-owned apartments, are still required to be vaccinated due to the density of the living environments in student housing. Students who live on campus can submit vaccination cards through webster.medicatconnect.com. Campuses in areas outside of St. Louis may have different government-issued health guidelines that could supersede Webster’s policies. For more information, please see the full message from Task Force on Transition and Adaptability.
Known Cases Reporting
These totals are updated when new information becomes available. Due to Webster University's distributed model, with campuses on four continents and a global online network, known cases are segmented by location and remote/online settings in the table on this page.
2021-22 Academic Year, Main Campus: Since the beginning of the Fall 2021 term (last updated Aug. 10, 2022): Webster is aware of:
- 53 confirmed case among residential students at the Webster Groves main campus
- 42 among students who commute to the Webster Groves campus
- 110 cases among employees working on site at this campus
- Worldwide, including online and in-person students and employees, since the beginning of the pandemic March 2020, Webster is aware of 429 total cases of individual students, faculty or staff in our worldwide communities reporting positive tests, including individuals who were studying or working remotely/online at the time of their positive case. See a breakdown of cases by location (both on campus and remote) in this table.
- What if I test positive? Individuals should review the protocols outlined here for reporting a positive case and understanding the next steps taken by the individual and the university.
Info for Students & Families
Steps Webster takes to keep students safe, health protocols and an Academics FAQ.
The firstname.lastname@example.org email address has been created for questions about operations that are not already addressed on this website. We encourage community members to first read these pages and the various links and sections to get the latest updates. However, this email is available to funnel specific questions to the subject matter experts within Webster’s operations for all other questions that cannot be addressed in these webpages.
Key Announcements and Pandemic Safety Updates
Task Force Message for Mask Guideline Updates
March 26, 2022
Task Force Message for Changes to Mask Guidelines
March 5, 2022
Task Force Message: Mask Policy Reminder
January 14, 2022