A B.S. degree in Mathematics opens the door to a variety of career possibilities. Mathematics is a powerful tool used in the natural and social sciences for understanding and predicting the world around us. Webster University’s undergraduate mathematics curriculum prepares students for careers in government, business, industry, education, or further study in graduate or professional school. Students in this program will acquire analytical and quantitative skills, which are highly desirable among employers.
More than number crunching and memorization, Webster's bachelor degree in Mathematics teaches students about relationships, patterns, and logic while providing analytical skills that can be used in a variety of professions. The fastest growing jobs in Math these days are actuaries, cryptographers, economists, financial analysts, mathematicians, operations research analysts, personal financial advisors, statisticians, and teachers in grades ranging from kindergarten to high school.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment of mathematicians and statisticians is projected to grow 33 percent from 2016 to 2026, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills in the area of mathematics.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to solve problems related to the program content.
- Students will demonstrate in depth knowledge of calculus.
- Students will demonstrate comprehension with a variety of mathematics, chosen from applied and/or theoretical topics.
- Students will gain basic computer programming skills.
Points of Distinction
- Course structure offers individualized instruction with small class sizes of 25 students or less.
- Math majors with a second major in Education are often hired by the districts where they did their student teaching, following certification.
- Interesting internships are available at places like the Saint Louis Science Center and Scottrade as well as at public and private middle and high schools.
Mathematics Academic Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list:
Become a Gorlok
Whether you’re seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree, we'll help you achieve academic excellence preparing you for future career successes. The first step is to fill out our application.
Learn more about our accreditation, which applies to all of our campuses, regionally and beyond.
Find out how we support the more than 50% of undergraduates who transfer into our community.