Become A Practicing Clinician with Hands-On Training
Driving to provide high-quality experiences to students who strive for individual academic excellence is at the core of Webster University’s Department of Professional Counseling. Our diverse faculty have created a culturally inclusive program that provides our students with the theory and skills to effectively work with individuals, couples, families, students, children, and more in a variety of mental health settings.
Explore more about our training, which contributes to an enhanced quality of life for individuals on a local, national, and global scale, and join a high-demand profession in a rapidly-changing world.
Our Professional Counseling Points of Distinction
- Available at Webster campuses nationwide, as well as internationally in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Classes are limited to a maximum of 24 students to create an ideal environment for learning, interaction, and discovery.
- Students complete a 15-month clinical counseling field experience, gaining hands-on training.
- CACREP accredited at Webster Groves, MO; Charleston, SC; Columbia, SC; and Myrtle Beach, SC Campuses.
- 30-year track record in preparing students for successful careers in the counseling profession.
Explore Our Premier Programs
Discover more about our relevant and hands-on curriculum across a variety of fields and disciplines.