Today, the scientific community needs leaders who can have communication skills and technical knowledge. Webster University's science management and leadership programs help students and professionals advance in their fields.
Graduate students learn how to develop effective written and verbal presentation skills and collaborate on projects as a cross-functional team. Earning a graduate certificate or master's degree in science management and leadership, students examine and analyze workplace diversity issues and review tactics for conflict resolution. They also learn about product development, budgeting, forecasting, life cycle costing and intellectual property law to promote and protect discoveries.
The science management and leadership degree program provides a mentoring system and networking experiences, too. Through close mentorships, personal interactions, and small class sizes, students gain unique and first-hand perspectives from experienced scientific leaders on business management theories and techniques as they pertain to science and engineering.
Dual Degree Program: MBA/MS in Science Management and Leadership
The dual MBA/MS in SCML degree program allows students the opportunity to develop both broad business skills in the MBA and science-industry-specific skills in the SCML program. The dual degree option is ideal for business professionals whose careers are closely linked with the sciences, and for scientists who wish to apply their knowledge in the business world. Students can take classes online, face-to-face, or both, and they can earn both degrees in three years as a part-time student.
Points of Distinction
- Faculty teach the very latest research and practices in the field, allowing students to take what they learn in class and apply it at work the next day.
- Coursework focuses on developing skills and knowledge that are in demand in key areas of the science industry like intellectual property, regulatory and qualitative affairs, ethics, and finance.
- Curriculum is developed based on feedback from program alumni, current students, and industry representatives to keep the program at the cutting edge of project management.
- Students develop business acumen to complement their scientific background, learning to assess risk, plan and execute projects, and lead people.
- Curriculum includes three elective courses, allowing students to customize their degree.
- The National Geospatial Intelligence Agency
Science Management and Leadership Academic Programs
To read about specific program requirements, learning outcomes and how to apply, click on a program from the following list:
- Master of Science in Science Management and Leadership (MS)
- Dual Degree in Master of Business Administration and Master of Science in Science Management and Leadership (MBA/MS)
- Graduate Certificate in Science Management and Leadership
Become a Gorlok
Whether you’re seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree, we'll help you achieve academic excellence preparing you for future career successes. The first step is to fill out our application.
Learn more about our accreditation, which applies to all of our campuses, regionally and beyond.
Find out how we support the more than 50% of undergraduates who transfer into our community.