Students interested in building a strong foundation of biological concepts and learning about ethical issues in the field of biology have great opportunities for research and academic success at Webster University. Biology majors and minors are students who seek a broad exposure to the biological sciences, yet also want the flexibility to pursue a secondary course of study like education or business. Undergrads in the biology program also have the option to focus their degree with an area of emphasis.
Why Webster for Biology?
- Small classes and labs: an ideal environment for learning, interaction, and discovery.
- Full-time faculty: experts in a range of fields including genetics, biochemistry, plant physiology, neurology, chemistry, and physics.
- Facilities and equipment: supports a comprehensive range of subject matter, including genetics, molecular biology, biochemistry, and cellular biology.
- Curriculum includes extensive laboratory experience: each student will develop proficiency in a wide range of lab techniques, as well as in the analysis, interpretation, and presentation of scientific data.
Areas of Emphasis
“I am a science student at Webster and ... although we have lecture halls, the community at Webster made it so that it feels like you’re in a small class.”
WATTS Scholar and Biological Sciences, '20Learn More about WATTS Scholarship
Internship opportunities allow undergraduates to gain research experience at organizations like the Missouri Botanical Garden, the Donald Danforth Plant Science Center, the Saint Louis Zoo, the St. Louis Children’s Aquarium, and the St. Louis Department of Water Facilities.
- MS in Ecology program at Utah State
- PhD in Immunology program at Indiana School of Medicine
- UNLV Data Analyst
- Physician’s Assistant program at SLU
- Lab technician at Deibel Laboratories
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Candidate at Washington University School of Medicine
Minors in the Biological Sciences Department
Each of these three minors require 18 credit hours and are only offered at our St. Louis home campus. You can read more about each specific program requirements, learning outcomes, and how to apply from our undergraduate catalog.
“Even during the unexpected times, the support of my professors, counselors, and advisors have been essential for my academic success.”
BA in Biology
Join Webster's Global Community
All Webster students benefit from our teams of advisors, counselors, tutors, and support staff. Get scheduling assistance, academic support, and more, no matter where you are.
16th in the Midwest
Webster University continues to be highly ranked on the U.S. News & World Report’s Best Colleges report, now listed as 16th in Midwest Regional Universities and included in four best-of categories. This year, the University's score rose to its highest level since the ranking system was established.
Get Started on Your Program
Take the next step toward earning your degree. We are here to help.