Setting up your Connections ID
Before you begin:
You may find it helpful to print these instructions to follow while you are setting
up your Connections account. To print, choose Print from the File menu of your browser.
You will need the following information:
- 7-Digit Webster Identification Number
- E-Mail Password OR Online Registration / Advising & Grade Entry password
- Open your Internet Browser and go to: http://connections.webster.edu
- Click Create New Account, located below the login box.
- Enter your 7-digit identification number or Social Security Number and click Submit.
Your 7-digit Webster ID can be found on all official communications from Webster, including your account statement and registration papers.
- If the account is new, you will see the following screen. Click Set Up My Account.
- You will be asked to enter a temporary password, known as the Activation Code. Type the Activation Code you received from Webster. Your role at Webster determines how it was provided to you.
- Click Submit.
- Next, you will see the screen shown below. Read the statement and click Continue.
- At this point, you will select two secret questions. These questions are used in the event that you ever forget your
password. Should you forget your password, you will be able to go to http://connections.webster.edu, click I've Forgotten My Username or Password, answer your secret questions, and be allowed to reset your password. You must choose
two, and only two, questions on this screen. You will customize these questions on
the next screen.
Click the check box next to any two questions and click Continue.
- Customize your secret questions and provide the appropriate answers by filling in
the blanks. Then, click Save Answers & Continue.
- Verify everything is correct before you continue. Make sure that you have chosen questions
and answers that are secure and that you will remember. If everything looks correct,
- Next, you will need to create a new password for your Connections account. Type your
password once in each password box and then click Submit.
Passwords must be:
Between 6 and 14 characters long
The first 6 characters MUST contain at least two letters and one number
May not contain a word found in the dictionary, including partial words that match dictionary words (Example: mendaus contains the word men and would be unacceptable)
- Once you have entered an acceptable password, you will see the screen below. Click
the link http://connections.webster.edu to go directly to Connections. Or, click Log Out to end the work session and then close the screen.
- Activating Your Connections ID
- Calendar Sync Tool
- Connections Content and Layout
- Adding Tabs
- Modifying Tabs
- Adding Channels
- Modifying Channels
- Adding Columns
- Modifying Columns
- Connections F.A.Q.s
- Removing Popup Blocking from Windows Browsers
- Removing Popup Blocking from Macintosh Browsers
- Remove Popup Blocking - Third Party Applications
- Academic Services
- Webster Alerts
- Higher One Debit Card
- CX (CARS)
- Qualtrics Surveys
- Online Bill Payment
- Internet Protocol TV
- ePay Compensation
- Cisco Phone Support
- Mobile Phone Support
- Printer Supplies
- Technology Discounts