MA in Counseling
Webster's counseling program is designed to prepare individuals for a career in professional counseling. The curriculum combines classroom education and hands-on field experience to provide you with the theory and skills you need to work with individuals, couples, families, and children in a variety of mental health settings.
Our diverse faculty are practicing clinicians who take a real-world approach to learning and guide students in developing the cultural awareness necessary to serve the needs of a rapidly changing population.
You'll gain a strong foundation in theories of human behavior, personality development, human resilience, wellness, exceptional abilities, addictions, and learning processes, and you'll learn how to describe, identify, and examine the nature and needs of individuals at all developmental levels. Through specialized coursework, you can explore a variety of topics within the counseling field like addiction and substance abuse; disaster response, trauma, and crisis counseling; and human sexuality.
The Professional Counseling degree program is currently offered at campuses in the United States, and at Webster's campus in Geneva, Switzerland. Depending on the Webster University campus you wish to attend, you will have the option of earning an emphasis in clinical mental health counseling; marriage, family, and child counseling; community counseling; or family life counseling. Not all areas of emphasis are offered at all campus locations.
Points of Distinction
- The professional counseling program is available at 21 Webster campuses nationwide, as well as internationally in Geneva, Switzerland.
- Classes are limited to a maximum of twenty students to create an ideal environment for learning, interaction, and discovery.
- Students complete a clinical counseling field experience, gaining hands-on training.
- Webster University enjoys a 30-year track record in preparing students for successful careers in the counseling profession.
- With more than 9,000 counseling students and alumni, Webster's counseling program has distinguished itself as a leader in mental health education.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Health Administration (MHA)
- MA in Human Resources Development
- MA in Human Resources Management
- MA in Management & Leadership
- MA in Information Technology Management
- MA in Procurement and Acquisitions Management