MA in Counseling
Webster's counseling program is designed to prepare individuals for a career in professional counseling. The program curriculum and student experience are integrated, to provide you with the necessary theory and skills for working with individuals, couples and families in a variety of mental health settings.
You'll learn how to describe, identify, and examine the nature and needs of individuals at all developmental levels and in multicultural contexts, including theories of human behavior (normal and abnormal) personality development, human resilience, wellness, exceptional abilities, addictions, and learning processes.
Specialized coursework will help you identify and critique the major concepts and effects on cultures of disaster response counseling, trauma counseling, and crisis counseling in specific settings. You'll also explore impacts and theories on addictions and substance abuse in specific courses.
The Professional Counseling degree program is currently offered at campuses in the United States, and at Webster campuses in Geneva, Switzerland and Leiden, the Netherlands. Depending on the Webster University campus you wish to attend, you will have the option of earning an emphasis in community counseling, marriage, family and child counseling, professional mental health counseling, or school guidance and counseling. Not all areas of emphasis are offered at all campus locations.
Points of Distinction
- Webster University enjoys a 30-year track record in preparing students for successful careers in the counseling profession.
- With more than 4,000 counseling students and alumni, Webster's counseling program has distinguished itself as a leader in mental health education.
- The opportunity for international study at our campuses in major European cities.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MA in Business and Organizational Security Management
- MA in Counseling
- MA in Procurement and Acquisitions Management
- BS in Business Administration
- BA in Management
- Certificate in Government Contracting