BA in Legal Studies
From law and business to healthcare and government, there is an ever-present need for specialists who understand the legal system and can help navigate through it.
A master?s degree in Legal Studies from Webster provides the legal skills and background to prepare you for law school, for a second career, or even to advance your current career in industries like banking, human resources, teaching, insurance or business management.
Webster professors are practicing attorneys and judges from every legal background, which makes them well-versed in the latest legal trends and expectations. They are also tapped into the tight-knit network of internships and job opportunities in the St. Louis legal community.
You?ll learn fundamentals of legal reasoning and analysis; review the Code of Professional Responsibility and be able to address ethical dilemmas faced by attorneys and legal assistants. You?ll also be able to explain the goals of legal research and reasoning and begin developing legal writing skills.
In addition to your MA in Legal Studies, you can concurrently seek a certificate in paralegal studies, since some coursework applies to both the degree and the certificate. Webster University?s St. Louis area paralegal programs have been approved by the American Bar Association.
Webster?s global network also provides unique international law opportunities, like the 1- to 4-week summer study programs in Leiden, the Netherlands, which puts you near the seat of international law at The Hague.
Points of Distinction
- Faculty who are practicing attorneys and judges mentor and enable you to take the most current legal knowledge and apply it at work, and understand the complex relationships among institutions in the United States and international governance.
- Unique internships enhance curriculum.
- The opportunity to study at the seat of international law, The Hague, at Webster?s international campus in Leiden, the Netherlands.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MA in Business & Organizational Security Management
- MS in Cybersecurity
- MA in Human Resources Management
- MA in Human Resources Development
- MA in Legal Studies
- MA in Management & Leadership
- Graduate Certificate in Paralegal Studies
- BS in Business Administration
- BA in Criminology
- BA in Legal Studies
- BA in Management
- BA in Psychology
- Undergraduate Certificate in Paralegal Studies