MA in Education and Innovation
Living and working in the 21st century requires a new paradigm of teaching and learning. Webster University's Master of Arts (MA) in Education and Innovation prepares you to meet ever-changing job demands and keeps you in touch with dynamic changes in teacher education and technology.
Constant updates based on feedback from program alumni, current students and others ensure information is accurate and keeps the program on the cutting edge. The updated curriculum has themes relevant to global and digital-age learning environments. Special international travel/study tour courses and field-based special institutes are also available.
Candidates in the non-emphasis MA in Education and Innovation program select courses for their programs of studies that include a specialization or program theme such as Teacher Leadership; Adult Learning; Assessment and Evaluation; Internationalism; Creativity Studies; Instructional Systems; Interdisciplinary Learning; and Educational Equity and Justice.
Emphasis in Education for Global Sustainability (EFGS)
Students develop the knowledge, skills, and tools necessary to model and lead with the principles and practices of sustainability. The emphasis includes theory, research, and action planning for global environmental, economic, political, human rights and social justice issues in the P-12 context.
Emphasis in Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
The emphasis in PBIS is designed to provide educators with the knowledge and expertise to design, implement and evaluate individual, small group, and systematic strategies that improve social behavior and learning out comes for K-12 students. The conceptual framework for PBIS is based in "Tiered Systems" approaches to improving academic and social outcomes for all students. This program is targeted to educators who are interested in pursuing careers as behavior specialists and/or school-wide PBIS team members or consultants.
Points of Distinction
- Education programs recognized for their excellence and approved by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, by the International Reading Association, and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
- Small, convenient classes designed to fit your schedule
- Personal attention from Webster student service teams
- Classes begin five times per year
- Academic excellence since 1915
- More than 100 campus locations
- BA in Criminology
- BSN in Nursing
- BA in Management
- BA in Management: Human Resources Management
- BA in Management: Health Care Administration
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Health Administration (MHA)
- Master of Nursing (MSN)
- MA in Counseling
- MA in Education and Innovation
- Master of Educational Technology (MET)
- MS in Finance
- MA in Human Resources Development
- MA in Human Resources Management
- MA in Management & Leadership
- MA in Marketing
- MA in TESL
- Graduate Certificate in TESL