Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language
The Certificate in Teaching English as a Second Language from Webster is designed for individuals who seek to help others develop the English skills of non-native speakers living either overseas or in the United States. The program prepares you to become effective language teachers through developing a theoretical background in critical aspects ranging from language structure to teaching methodology.
Points of Distinction
- Instructors have master's degrees, most in TESL/TEFL. Many work as a teacher trainers, and have years of experience teaching English both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Many technological tools are available for language learning, including blogs, electronic classrooms, online discussion tools and video and audio equipment.
- Webster University's worldwide context allows interaction with learners from around the world through online education and/or study at one of the university's many international campuses.
All students pursuing the Missouri ESOL Certification or the Webster TEFL Certificate will be considered degree-seeking students and will have the option to pursue one of the MA TESL tracks within 5 years from the start of their TESL coursework
- BSN in Nursing
- BA in Management
- BA in Management: Human Resources Management
- BA in Management: Health Care Administration
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- 1-Year MBA
- Master of Health Administration (MHA)
- Master of Nursing (MSN)
- MA in Counseling
- MA in Education and Innovation
- Master of Educational Technology (MET)
- MS in Finance
- MA in Human Resources Development
- MA in Human Resources Management
- MA in Management & Leadership
- MA in Marketing
- MA in TESL
- Graduate Certificate in TESL