What's Next Creative Platform
- Bring Webster University's brand platform to life and establish new brand creative to position Webster University as a truly global institution.
- Establish a presentation and message that elevates Webster to the top tier of global universities.
- Develop a consistent idea that each of Webster's diverse audiences can relate to.
- Enhance awareness and reputation of the university.
- There is a need to balance the university's distinctive characteristics: St. Louis; Global; Military, Metro and Online.
- The message must be relevant to undergraduate and graduate students, faculty and staff, alumni and donors, parents and community members.
- The campaign must be distinctive and “stand out in the market place of ideas and institutions”…Webster needs a distinctive idea and creatively express that idea in a manner that is meaningful to its diverse audiences.
- It's important to strike the right balance between institutional brand messaging and academic program advertising.
- This campaign will be tweaked accordingly to accommodate the cultural differences of our global campus locations.
Be Part of What's Next
- Webster University, approaching its centennial in 2015, has a rich history of contributions from the many achievements of our students, faculty and alumni.
- What makes us distinctive and exciting isn't just what we've accomplished to this point, it's what we're going to accomplish next.
- The What's Next campaign invites everyone to be a part of their own next great endeavors – with Webster as the driving force behind the opportunity.
- The Webster experience is big enough for everyone to get involved with as the university pushes the next big ideas and breakthroughs in hometowns around the world and onto the global stage.
Research for Be Part of What's Next
- Branding work led by Educational Marketing Group in 2010 established the brand platform for this campaign.
- Conducted focus groups interviews with 50+ current Webster students (UG & Grad) in May 2012.
- Our goal was to determine their understanding and assess how the messages relate to their personal experience.
- Reaction to the What's Nextcampaign had multiple positive aspects, including:
- Big ideas will be coming from Webster and the students who attend the university.
- Webster is very confident of its student body and wants to help prepare them for the future.
- Big ideas will be coming from Webster and the students who attend there.
- The focus is clearly on the future.