Kindermusik® For the Young Child
COMMUNITY MUSIC SCHOOL
Ages: 5-7 years old, parent or caregiver attend the last 10 minutes
For your budding musician, Kindermusik for the Young Child provides an exciting, pressure-free class where your big kid can develop a strong musical foundation by learning the concepts, language, notation, and vocabulary of music and its greatest composers. Through a variety of fun things for kids, engaging activities, Young Child students explore rhythm, notation, musical symbols and authentic pre-keyboard, string and woodwind instruments – as well as their own instrument, the voice. You'll be amazed as your child astonishes you with his new found ability to create musical compositions and you'll love the many ways our kids music classes prepare your young musician for a successful future in school and in music lessons.
Fall 2014 Class:
Fall Semester 1 - Everything your child learns later in semesters 2, 3, and 4 begins with this early introduction to singing, reading, and writing music and rhythm. Through dances and games that focus on rhythmic development, we'll learn to play a pre-keyboard instrument—the glockenspiel—which will be used throughout all the Young Child classes.
Fall Semester 3 (continuing students only) - Appalachian music is a featured style this semester. First, you and your child will build a two-stringed dulcimer instrument with materials that we'll provide. Then in class we'll learn to play chords and simple melodies on the instrument you built together. We'll also explore rhythm concepts through dance with an introduction to the basic steps in jazz, ballet, and tap dances with African-American and Native American music, as well as the Western Art music of the Nutcracker Suite.
Your Home Materials provide the music, instruments, stickers, and activities for a home version of the same playful activities you'll hear about from class, so your child—and you!—can learn where you're most comfortable: at home.
Class structure: 1 class per week for 14 weeks
Class Length: 60 minutes/week
Fall 2014 Semester: September 6 - December 20, 2014
|Fall 2014 Schedule||Webster Groves
First United Methodist Church
|600 N. Bompart
Webster Groves, MO 63119
|Thursday||4:30-5:30p - Young Child 3
5:45-6:45p - Young Child 1
Tuition: $217 per semester, plus kit fee & $10 per semester registration fee
Material Kit Fees:
- Fall semester 1: $82 includes children's folder with stickers, games bag, music at home cards, family songbook, home CD of music from class, glockenspiel, and canvas bag.
- Fall semester 1 sibling kit: $32 includes folder with home activities, no CD, songbook, canvas bag or glockenspiel.
- Fall semester 3: $82 includes children’s folder with stickers, games bag, and Music At Home Cards, Family Songbook, home CD of music from class, and dulcimer.
- Fall semester 3 sibling kit: $32 includes folder with home activities, no CD, songbook, or dulcimer.
- Registration Form
- Meet the Educators
- Class times & locations
- Weekly calendar
- Policies, payment plan, and tuition assistance
- Questions? Call (314) 968-5939 or email Carol Commerford at email@example.com
Other Kindermusik Academy and Young Years Music Classes Offered
- Kindermusik Village (birth-18 months with adult)
- Kindermusik Our Time (18 months-3.5 years old with an adult)
- Kindermusik Imagine That (3-5 years old)
- Music by Leaps and Bounds (3-4 years old)
- Music for Little Mozarts (4-6 years old with an adult)
- Kindermusik Family Time (6 months-6 years with adult)
- Individual Lessons
- Suzuki Strings Program
- Kindermusik & Young Years Music Program
- Orchestras and Ensembles
- Music Today
- Preparatory Program
- Summer Music Programs
- Young Composers Competition
- How to Register
- Meet the Faculty
- Current Students
- Make a Tuition Payment
- Contact Us
- News and Events
- Support the CMS
- Information for Faculty and Staff
- School Calendar
- Explore Music