Certificate in Website Development
The courses offered in the Web Site Development certificate provide students with basic knowledge and skills necessary to design and develop professional Web sites. The content of the program emphasizes the technical development of the site, including the use of HTML programming, additional markup and scripting languages, and other tools to manipulate data on a Web site.
Students are encouraged to use their creative skills and artistic ability as well, to design pages that are unique, attractive, and effective in communicating information. The program includes practical experience with numerous hands-on and real-life projects.
As businesses and organizations are developing and maintaining Web sites at an astonishing rate, more technical and programming expertise is required for those who develop and maintain these sites. The Web site development certificate is designed to meet that particular need.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Students will demonstrate the ability to solve problems related to the program content
- Students will demonstrate an understanding of the concepts and principles of Web application development and deployment
- Students will be able to design and implement Web applications using the knowledge gained from the program
- Students will be able to test and document a Web application
This certificate has 18 required credit hours. The website development minor may be taken in lieu of the certificate program. Students may choose to receive the minor or certificate but not both. For complete information, review the program requirements.