Online Writing Center
Who Qualifies for Online Writing Assistance?
Online writing assistance is available to Webster University students attending classes at the extended campuses in the U.S. or across the globe, to students enrolled in online classes, and to graduate students at the Webster Groves campus.
Undergraduates at the Webster Groves campus should visit the Writing Center in Loretto Hall in person, and any other students are welcome to do so as well. Contact the Writing Center at 314-246-8644 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you urge or require an entire class to submit their papers via the Online Writing Center, please communicate this to us with as much advance notice as possible so that we can allocate resources to meet your needs. Email email@example.com with the number of students in the class, the due date for the assignment, and any additional information that will allow us to better assist your students and to fulfill your expectations.
What is the Turnaround Time?
You can expect to receive your paper back in two days. If you send in your paper over a weekend, we will process your paper the following Monday.
Our Staff & Your Options for Online Help
Our coaching staff consists of writing-proficient faculty and students at the St. Louis Webster University campus. (For biographies of our coaches, meet our staff.)
Webster's Online Writing Center operates via email transactions. There are two ways to submit your paper: you can either click through the "Writing Assistance" link on your course's WorldClassRoom site to reach a submission form, or you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- An attached copy of the assignment that the instructor has given you, or a description of what you have been asked to do in the paper
- A copy of your paper, attached in RTF format
- The due date
- The course number and title
- The instructor's name
- Your name, ID number, and year (Fr, So, Jr, Sr, Grad)
- Your program/campus: Please indicate if you're in the on-line MBA program, attending a satellite campus, an extended campus in the St. Louis metro area. or the Webster Groves campus
- Your return e-mail address
- Your questions and concerns about the paper.
The Coaching Sessions at a Glance
The Online Writing Center is not a proofreading service. We primarily look at global issues (focus, development, and organization). We mark problems with style and conventions (grammar, formatting, spelling), but you must figure out the precise nature of the problem and make decisions about how you want to revise these problem areas.
Especially on longer papers, we will mark only the first few pages for style and conventions. With these marks, we attempt to draw your attention to patterns of problems in your writing.
Our hours are Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Friday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Central Time. We do not normally respond to papers on Saturday or Sunday.
After receiving your paper and all of the required information, coaches will do the following:
- Read your paper.
- Comment on global issues (focus, development, organization) and mark style and convention problems.
- Ask questions about the assignment.
- Ask questions about the paper.
- Make suggestions using the comment function of Microsoft Word.
- Return your paper via e-mail.
- Send a report to your instructor informing her or him about our commenting (please indicate if you would prefer for us to not send such a report to your instructor).
Upon receipt of the paper, you may do any of the following:
- Respond to questions and suggestions via e-mail.
- Revise the paper and resubmit it (please be aware of due dates and our turn-around time).
- Revise the paper and hand it in to your instructor.
If you have additional questions about or feedback for the Online Writing Center, please contact Writing Center Coordinator Roshaunda Cade directly at 1-314-246-7589 or email@example.com.
Writing Center Hours
40 Loretto Hall
Regular Semester Hours:
Mon - Thurs
10am - 7pm
10am - 5pm
Click here to schedule an appointment. For hours during breaks and inter-sessions, call 314-246-8644
- Writing Center Home
- Online Writing Center
- Freshman Writing Awards
- Meet the Staff
- Writing Tips
- Helpful Links
- Academic Resource Center Home
- Academic Counseling
- Writing Center
- Peer Tutoring
- Testing Center
- Faculty Resources
- Student Resources
- Meet Our Staff