Scholarship, Leadership & Global Citizenship
WebsterLEADS is an on-going application of scholarship and practical leadership experience
empowering our diverse student population to develop and excel as global citizens.
Through a collaborative process between our students, staff, faculty, and the communities
where we live and serve, we prepare our students with the knowledge, education and
development to assume leadership on campus, in society and in the global workforce.
We achieve this mission by:
- Recognizing and expanding upon the skills and gifts students posses.
- Creating environments that foster personal reflection, significant relationships, diverse points of view, and student learning.
- Providing opportunities for students to develop and apply their own philosophy and approach to leadership.
- Expecting students to serve as role models and educators within the Webster University community worldwide.
Students participating in WebsterLEADS will experience five unique programs and elect to repeat their choice of two. Each component focuses on a different layer of student leadership education.
""WebsterLEADS students are prepared to use their leadership skills in ways that will make a real difference in the organizations and communities in which they will work and live.""
- Ted Hoef, Dean of Students
""I am constantly amazed in the WebsterLEADS student leaders’ ability to make change happen.""
- Justin Barton, Assistant Director of First Year Experience Program
""It’s exciting to see LEADS students incorporate new insight into the experiences they are having.""
- Jen Stewart, Director of Student Activities
""For some students WebsterLEADS opens up new experiences; for others, they begin to see their experiences in new ways after learning more about their values, ethics, and leadership styles.""
- Nicole Parres, Assistant Director MCISA
""I am always inspired during the experience of graduation as the students cross the stage with their WebsterLEADS medallion.""
- Devin Marie Seltz, Graduate Assistant of Leadership & Learning
""WebsterLEADS presents opportunities to discover and grow in the skills you possess to create positive leadership.""
- Angela Karas, Leadership & Learning Coordinator
""I was encouraged to step out of my comfort zone and also to build upon my leadership skills.""
- Ethan Stohs, Undergraduate student
""Through WebsterLEADS, now I’m doing even more with student leadership and I’m meeting some amazing people along the way.""
- Brittany Merchant, Undergraduate student
""WebsterLEADS has helped me broaden my understanding on leadership and how I might apply those concepts in my life after college.""
- Suhani Fernando, Undergraduate student