MA in International Nongovernmental Organizations
Be the change you want to see in the world. In a rapidly globalizing universe, International Non-Governmental Organizations (INGOs) often play a role equal to that of governments and businesses. In developing countries they even become responsible for providing integral educational and health services.
Growing employment opportunities in this sector make it possible to earn a living while improving the quality of life of the most needy in organizations like Amnesty International, Novib, Doctors Without Borders, Greenpeace, the International Red Cross/Red Crescent Society and United Nations support organizations.
A master's degree in International Non-Governmental Organizations from Webster provides you with the specific skills you'll need to be successful as a manager in the NGO and non-profit worlds. It combines a solid International Relations foundation with the practical approach to management and leadership. You'll learn critical skills including cross-cultural team leadership, grant writing and fundraising and negotiating. And gain practical experience at world-class international organizations.
Points of Distinction
- Pay only for classes in which you actually enroll, so you can proceed through the program as quickly or slowly as needed?even taking off a semester without any penalties.
- Travel to other Webster campuses and complete internships off campus in locations around the world.
- Work closely with a student advisor who guides you and keeps you on track.
- Online learning makes it possible to earn a degree from anywhere in the world
- The opportunity to study at international campuses in Geneva, Switzerland; London, United Kingdom; and Leiden, the Netherlands.