GMA in International Relations
Webster University's Global MA in International Relations provides full-time graduate students an opportunity to complete a master's degree in Europe and Asia in just 11 months, and learn from faculty who are experts in many facets of international relations.
All courses are taught in English. Each year, three different cohorts, each consisting of 8-12 students, travel and learn together for 11 months. They spend an 8-week term in each of the following countries: Geneva, Switzerland; Leiden, The Netherlands; London, England; Vienna, Austria; and one 8-week term in Bangkok, Thailand or Beijing, China. Housing needs are coordinated through the program.
You'll be able to complete your degree in 11 months because of the full-time, accelerated nature of the course offerings and program structure. Students are integrated with local Webster University International Relations students in classrooms at each campus. The GMA curriculum combines traditional classroom courses with a professional seminar component, where you'll engage the classroom material through site visits to international organizations like the International Criminal Court and the United Nations Office at Geneva.
Points of Distinction
- Complete your master's degree in Europe and Asia in just 11 months.
- Learn from faculty who are experts in many facets of international relations.
- Study with current international relations students at each campus.
- Experience unique immersion opportunities at the United Nations, OPEC, European Parliament, World Trade Organization, and International Committee for the Red Cross, and International Court of Justice.
- Reap the benefits of a one-year membership to Chatham House, a world renowned think tank based in London.
- For students interested in learning about the world around them, Webster offers the distinctive advantage of a worldwide network of more than 100 campuses spanning three continents from the U.S. to Europe and Asia.
- Webster's international studies programs are recognized for excellence by U.S. News & World Report. And Webster is consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a leading master's university.
- Webster University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association. In addition, the University holds licensure approvals and accreditations with various state, local, international, and professional agencies.
- Our more than 100,000 alumni are shaping the future of business, communication, education, government, nursing, science, technology, and the arts in more than 100 countries worldwide.
To finish this program in 11 months (five 8-week terms), students must fulfill the distribution requirements for the major. To make sure that Global MA in IR students complete the degree requirements, and to serve the other IR students at our campuses, we have to plan the rotation of courses carefully. In most cases Global MA in IR students will study together as a cohort in classes that are chosen to make sure they meet all degree requirements by the final summer term. More information is available in the program requirements.