Community College of the Air Force AAS to Bachelor's Degree Completion Program
Webster University is proud to announce that students holding an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) can apply their earned degree towards any Webster University undergraduate degree completion program, including the following Webster University online degree completion programs:
- BA in Business Intelligence Technologies
- BA in Management
- BA in Media Communications
- BA in Religion and Global Society
Graduates of any of the 68 CCAF AAS degrees may enter Webster University and receive in transfer 64 credit hours towards their degree completion, substantial course waivers for the Global Citizenship Program (Webster University's General Education program required of all undergraduate students), as well as an additional 4 credit hours of HLSC 1310, Wellness and Healthy Lifestyle, based on the physical requirements of their role as airmen.
- Completion of the CCAF Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Application and admission to the Webster University undergraduate program following prescribed admission procedures
- Submission of an official transcript showing completion of the CCAF AAS degree
- Submission of an official copy of the student's service record, to accommodate the award of credit hours not accounted for on the CCAF transcript
Transfer Credit Awarded
Students will receive transfer credit of the full 64 hours required for the CCAF AAS degree. They will additionally receive 4 credit hours of HLSC 1310, Wellness and Healthy Lifestyle, based on the physical requirements of their role as airmen.
Webster University undergraduate degree completion requirements are as follows:
- Successful completion of 128 credit hours
- Successful completion of at least 30 of a student's final 36 credit hours registered for and earned directly from Webster University
- A cumulative grade point average of 2.0 earned in courses taken at Webster University based on a 4.0 system
- Successful completion of an approved major
- Successful completion of Global Citizenship Program requirements
Global Citizenship Program Alignments
The Webster University Global Citizenship Program (GCP) requires the completion of the following:
- FRSH 1200 First Year Seminar
- Course Requirements: 24 credit hours distributed through required knowledge areas
as indicated below
- 6 credit hours from courses with two different prefixes designated 'Roots of Culture'
- 6 credit hours from courses with two different prefixes designated 'Social Systems and Human Behavior'
- 3 credit hours from courses designated 'Physical and Natural World'
- 3 credit hours from courses designated 'Global Understanding'
- 3 credit hours from courses designated 'Arts Appreciation'
- 3 credit hours from courses designated 'Quantitative Literacy'
- Skills Requirements. All students must complete three credit hours in courses coded
for each of the following skills
- Written Communication
- Oral Communication
- Critical Thinking
- Intercultural Competence
- Ethical Reasoning
- Note: All courses in the GCP Program are coded as both a knowledge area and a skills requirement
- Global Citizenship Program Keystone Seminar
Students entering through the CCAF AAS transfer agreement will receive the following GCP substitutions:
- The Leadership, Management, and Military studies requirement substitutes for the First Year Seminar
- The CCAF Oral Communications requirement will fill the Oral Communications Skill Area
- The CCAF Written Communications requirement will fill the Written Communications Skill Area
- The CCAF Math requirement will fulfill the Quantitative Literacy Knowledge Area
- The CCAF Humanities requirement will fulfill 3 of the 6 hours required for the Roots of Cultures Knowledge Area
- The additional Leadership, Management, and Military Studies hours and the Social Sciences requirement will fulfill all 6 hours of the Social Systems and Human Behavior Knowledge Area
- The Technical Core/Major will fulfill the Physical and Natural World requirement
These alignments are illustrated in the following table:
|Webster University Global Citizenship Program alignments with the Community College of the Air Force AAS degree requirements|
|First Year Seminar, 3 hours. Fulfilled by CCAF Leadership, Management, and Military Studies|
|Global Citizenship Keystone, 3 hours*|
|GCP Knowledge Areas||GCP Skills Areas|
|Roots of Cultures, 6 hours. 3 of 6 hours fulfilled by the CCAF Humanities requirement. 3 remaining hours required*||Written Communication, 3 hours. Fulfilled by the CCAF Written Communications requirement.|
|Social Systems and Human Behavior, 6 hours. Fulfilled by Leadership, Management and Military Studies and the CCAF Social Science requirement.||Oral Communication, 3 hours. Fulfilled by CCAF Oral Communications.|
|Physical and Natural World, 3 hours. Fulfilled by the Technical Core/Major.||Critical Thinking, 3 hours*|
|Global Understanding, 3 hours*||Intercultural Competence, 3 hours*|
|Arts Appreciation, 3 hours*||Ethical Reasoning, 3 hours*|
|Quantitative Literacy, 3 hours. Fulfilled by the CCAF Math requirement.|
|Total Remaining Requirements: 21 hours. However, students may be able to complete in 12 hours if courses are selected strategically, since courses are coded to fulfill both a Knowledge AND Skill areas. Students may be able to complete in as few as 12 hours.|
*As student individual transcripts will vary, if students have courses over and above the standard degree requirements for the CCAF AAS degree, they may request that their advisor evaluate these courses individually to request further substitutions with respect to GCP requirements. What is outlined above is the minimum expectation based on standard CCAF AAS degree requirements.