MA in Education and Innovation
Living and working in the 21st century requires a new paradigm of teaching and learning. Webster University's master's degree in Education and Innovation prepares you to meet ever-changing job demands and keeps you in touch with dynamic changes in teacher education and technology.
Constant updates based on feedback from program alumni, current students and others ensure information is accurate and keeps the program on the cutting edge. The updated curriculum has themes relevant to global and digital- age learning environments including creative thinking processes, global citizenship, education for sustainability, authentic real-world instruction and assessment, technology-embedded learning, collaborative learning and global communications; and leadership skills for learning communities.
Students construct their own specialization using courses from various School of Education graduate programs as well as other graduate courses. Special international travel/study tour courses and field-based special institutes are also available.
In addition to designing your specialization, you'll also have the flexibility to define how and when you want to complete the program - through an 8-week evening format or 100% online-format courses. The program also provides options for these track (36 credit hours) and non-thesis track (33 credit hours) degrees.
Candidates in the non-emphasis MA in Education and Innovation program select courses for their programs of studies that include a specialization or program theme such as Teacher Leadership; Adult Learning; Assessment and Evaluation; Internationalism; Creativity Studies; Instructional Systems; Interdisciplinary Learning; and Educational Equity and Justice.
Points of Distinction
- Education programs recognized for their excellence and approved by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education, by the International Reading Association, and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education.
- Small, convenient classes designed to fit your schedule
- Personal attention from Webster student service teams
- Classes begin five times per year
- Academic excellence since 1915
- More than 100 campus locations